You can sync your calendar and tasks with iCal, and you can also sync your tasks and notes with Apple Mail. To sync these items, Outlook uses Sync Services, a central database on your computer.
- On the Tools tab, click Sync Services.
- In the left pane, select the check box for the first item type (such as Calendar or Contacts) that you want to sync.
- Under Select the accounts to sync, choose the account or accounts that you want to sync for the selected item type.
- On the Outlook folder to add new items to pop-up menu, choose the location in Outlook where you want new items to be saved. "New" items are those that are added first in a different application or device, and then synced to Outlook.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 for any other item types that you want to sync.
- Close the Sync Services dialog box, and then on the confirmation message, click OK.
- In Apple Mail, tasks and notes appear in the navigation (left pane) under the REMINDERS heading.
- Only fields that exist in both Outlook and the Sync Services database are synchronized.