from : http://docs.nexcess.net/article/how-to-install-vbulletin-version-5-0.html
How to install vBulletin v4.0 and v5 Connect
Downloading the vBulletin Package
- Navigate to the vBulletin website: http://www.vbulletin.com/en/purchases/.
- On the top menu bar, click the green PURCHASE button.
Preparing the vBulletin package for transfer
- For Windows: Navigate to the location of your vBulletin download.
- Extract the contents of the zip file by right-clicking on the vBulletin zip file, then select Extract All….
- Once the file is extracted, it should display in a new folder which should be entitled vBulletin. Two files will display, do_not_upload and upload. Rename the upload folder and use it to upload to your Nexcess hosting service.
Configuring FTP credentials to transfer the vBulletin package
- With the credentials provided to you in your Nexcess Welcome Email, log in to your SiteWorx control panel.
- From the left side menu, click Hosting Features > FTP > Accounts.
Connecting to your Nexcess hosting service via FTP
- Open your FTP client, then type the hostname username, and password that created earlier within SiteWorx.
Modifying two FTP files
- In the main folder of your vBulletin installation, locate the file named config.php.bkp, right-click this file, and select Rename. Change the file's name to config.php.
- In your FTP client, navigate to /core/includes on your local computer side, and /core/includes on the remote server side.
Configuring the Database
- Log in to your SiteWorx account, using the credentials provided to you in your Nexcess Welcome Email.
- From the left side menu, click Hosting Features > MySQL > Databases.
- In the Database Name field type your name for the vBulletin database and click Create User.
- Type in a name for your database user. It is recommended this name be the same as the database, for the sake of consistency.
Configuring vBulletin to function with the database
- Navigate to your vBulletin instance and add /core/install/install.php to the end. For example, if your domain is example, and you are installing it in your /vb folder, you would navigate to http://example.test/vb/core/install/install.php.
- The vBulletin configuration builder screen will display. Type the database credentials created earlier. Unless otherwise stated, do not leave any of the fields blank and then click Create Files.
Installing vBulletin on your instance
- Click reload and the vBulletin 5.0 installer displays; then click Begin Install.